Arkansas Academy of Science 2020 Meeting
Due to concerns for the health of participants and the public related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is cancelling the 2020 meeting of the Arkansas Academy of Science which was to be held on our campus April 3-4. AAS membership dues paid through UAFS will be forwarded to the Academy. 100% of conference fees will be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience this has placed upon anyone.
The Journal will still be accepting submissions of papers that would have been presented at the annual meeting. Please follow the instructions on the Journal website, with regard to electronic submission. Manuscripts will be processed as per usual following the same timeline.
The 104th annual meeting of the Arkansas Academy of Science is on April 3-4, 2020 on the campus of the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith, 5210 Grand Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. All conference activities will take place in the Mathematics-Science (MS) building or nearby Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center on the UAFS campus.
- Preregistered participants may pick up their conference packets and visit vendor tables starting at 11:00 am on Friday, April 3 in the MS Atrium.
- Presentation times for the oral and poster sessions are on the Schedule page.
- On Friday at 5:00 p.m., there will be a mixer in the MS Atrium, followed at 6:00 by the banquet and keynote address in the Campus Center Reynolds Room. Dr. Helen James, Research Zoologist and Curator of Birds at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History will be our keynote speaker.
Presentations and Publication
- Completed registration form, abstracts, registration fees, and membership dues must be received no later than our extended deadline of Sunday, March 8, 2020. See Presentation and Publication Information for details on how to present and publish your work.
- Registration and submission of abstracts should occur simultaneously. For more information, and to register, click on Registration and Abstract Submission.
- A detailed electronic program in pdf form, which includes abstracts, detailed schedules, and more information, will be available via the conference website. We encourage you to download the pdf document before arriving at the meeting.
- The printed program will be a condensed version that includes a basic schedule, presenter names, and presentation titles only.
- The annual business meeting for ALL members of the Academy will take place Saturday, April 4, at 11:30 am in Math-Science 101. Please make travel plans that will allow you to stay and attend. Your attendance, contributions, expertise, and insights help the Academy provide the highest quality and service to its membership.
UAFS is very happy to be hosting the conference this year. With your participation, this will be a great conference. We are looking forward to seeing you here on April 3-4, 2020!"
Contact Julie Martin at Julie.Martin@UAFS.edu 479-788-7960 for special needs and additional information not answered by the links at the left.